Friday, July 22, 2011

Running Late

     This morning when the alarm went off at 5:30 am , my mind autmatically said:
1.) I showered last night
2.) I washed my hair last night
3.) I can sleep till 5:45, 15 more minutes will be wonderful!
4.) What am I going to wear?
Then I automatically went back into a deep sleep & started dreaming! I was dreaming Brandon was about 2 years old & he was eating cream corn & had it all over his face & under his neck!! I was trying to clean under his neck so he wouldn't be all stinky later! :) About that time, the alarm goes off AGAIN and Chuckie says, "Amee, it's time to get up." Once again I start calculating how much longer I can sleep! Does anyone else do this? Long story short, I slept until 6:10 am! This is the longest I've ever slept on a work morning! Opps. This is what happens when we keep putting of getting up! 


I did pretty good by leaving the house by 7:06.  But now this mean I will pay for it by sitting in traffic and not arriving work 15 or 20 minutes early. Okay, I mean 30 minutes early! Yes, I'm one of those people. I like to arrive work early, get my coffee, sit and write in my calendar the events that went on the day before!! It's just how I roll.

This is how the traffic looked:



It all worked out. I wasn't last for work and I did get my coffee. But no I didn't get to write in my calendar book. ;) It's all good though.

2 comments:

Tania said...

I tend to hit the snooze button too. It drives my husband crazy. (-;

Lori @ SortOfCreative.com said...

I can't even wrap my brain around the concept of getting to work 30 minutes early... or of getting up when the clock says 5 o'something. Way to get a great start to your day (usually). ;o)