Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nascar Race Trip Part 2

     We pulled out Friday Sept.2nd at 6:24am. My mother in law, Frances aka Granny, Colby, Sarah, Chuckie (my hubby) & myself were the ones making the trip. We couldn't talk Papa & Brandon into going with us. Brandon was more interested in Saturday's University of Florida Gator Game (1st of the season), which they did win! Go Gators!!I wish our two furry boys aka Newman & Ollie could have come with us!


We stopped around 8:00am to eat breakfast at the yummy Cracker Barrell. This is also a family tradition to eat there on the way up to the races & typically on our way home Monday morning! :) Love family traditions!! Our next stop was Ag Supply Store in  Tifton, GA. It's basically a guy's store. Colby was looking for a Tractor Seat. It ended up being about $45.00 cheaper than Tractor Supply! We love saving money. I did buy $2.45 worth of fender washers. Nobody knew why on earth was I buying washer bolts?  I saw a blog that made some cute necklaces from washers!! I'm gonna try to make some. We will see how it goes. This will be a Saturday project later on in the month.

This was my breakfast....
                                           

Colby & Granny....

Sarah & Colby entertaining themselves. :)

Our next stop was at Hobby Lobby! Frances had never been there so I knew this would be a treat for her. :) When she and I walked into the store there was a huge display of Fall / Thanksgiving decorations and I mean a huge display. All Frances could say was, "Oh my goodness!" It was sweet because I know how much she loves decorating her house for all the Holidays. Sarah was able to find some beautiful red roses to make her wedding bouquet. They were even 50% off! She found several decor items & I even bought her a cute plaque to hang in her kitchen. We girls had a lot of fun. We were kind of hurried because Chuckie & Colby didn't stay in the store very long before they said they would wait for us at the vehicle. They did not rush us though, but it's hard to really take your time looking. So just the girls are going back to the Hobby Lobby located in Ocala to shop; hopefully sometime this month or in October.

Granny & Sarah....

Me, Granny & Sarah were ready to shop!

Sarah found some Beautiful roses for her bridal bouqet & other uses at the wedding.

We arrived at the track around 4:30 Friday afternoon. It was awfully hot. It didn't take long and we had the camper chilling. :) Thank goodness for air conditioning!! We girlled some awesome hamburgers for supper. They were frozen patties bought from Sam's Club. They were so good Sarah & I ended up eating them for lunch the next day and for Sunday's lunch!!

See how close the fence is to the track? AWESOME! 

Our camper is on the left & Aunt Ruthie's is on the right. 


Yummy Sam's Club burgers!

It was Delicious!

The Nascar Truck Race took place on Friday night. Colby & Sarah watched it from the view on top of the camper. They were all set with their scanners. Colby & Sarah listened to the announcers.
Chuckie took this pic. He was on top of Uncle Gene's camper. :)

Awesome pic you took, Chuckie! 

Colby & Sarah :)


Part 3 will be coming soon. I promise to not wait a week to post again. :)

0 comments: