Friday, August 26, 2011

Touched The Bottom Of My Heart

     I just had to write about this story I saw online.  I've shared it with my hubby and friends at work so now I can share it with my blog friends.
     It's about this sweet labador retriever named Hawkeye who pays such a honerable tribute to his owner. His owner was a US Navy Seal named Jon Tumilson. I say was, because Petty Officer Jon Tumilson was killed alongside 37 of his compatriots when their Chinook helicopter was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade in Afghanistan earlier this month.
     Here's the photos taken by Mr Tumilson’s cousin, Lisa Pembleton:


To read the full story click here.

We read and hear about all kind of stories in reference to celebrities, politicians, criminals, etc. so it was about time to read about something that hits close to our hearts. Our soldiers which are dying each and every day do not get our attention like they deserve. These are our guys and our girls protecting us, helping us and we do not hear enough about it. We need to be praying for our soldiers and for our President.

On another note, I'm just so thankful for our furry children: our two Cocker Spaniels, Newman & Ollie. I know how loyal they are to us. I know they greet us each and every day like I've been gone for years. We have a bond that is so strong. I just love the saying:
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.



1 comments:

Crystal said...

Just seeing the pictures brought tears to my eyes, I'm ashamed to say I couldn't read the story. But if it's anything like the picture...heartbreaking!