Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Sweet Nephew


     A couple of weeks ago my little nephew was sick with strep throat then he caught pneumonia! Luckily his Mommy & Daddy were on top of it & had him at the doctors & he was able to start his medicines. He almost ended up in the hospital!! It was scary!! Poor little Kason would tell his Mommy, "hold me, rock me" then while they were rocking he would look up to her and say, "I love you". She was off work several days and was able to stay right there with him. She said there was no other place on earth she would rather be than taking care of him. Karen is definitely meant to be a Mommy. It hasn't been an easy road with Kason. From having severe milk allergies, severe colic, & severe acid reflux from day one. She has handled everything so gracefully. She totally amazes me!!!! She has the patience of a saint. Kason is so lucky to have her as his Mommy.

Back to my story..(it's funny how I always end up getting side tracked!) Since Kason had been so sick, I decided a little gift was in need. One of my favorite places to buy gifts is at Shands Hospital Gift Shop. They have unique items. Plus they payroll deduct!! (this does get me into trouble!) I went shopping & found Kason a baby owl! I've wrote before about how he's always loved owls ever since he was a little fella. He started liking owls because he would see my owl necklace and repeat "owl". So I thought he needed this little baby owl to go with his big owl I'd bought him a while back!

When I arrived at Karen's she met me at the door. Normally Kason is right there to greet me. Well not this time. This little fella was laid up on the couch with his pillow, blanket and his big owl!! He looked so cute laying there. It was a sure sign he wasn't feeling good. Otherwise he would have been on the floor playing with his tractors.
Here's a few pics from that afternoon:



See the little tiny cupcake he's eating in the last pic? His Nanny aka my sweet Moma thought he needed some little cupcakes of his own! It's so sweet because he has Nanny & Pa wrapped around his little finger. Just where Grandparents should be!!

By looking at these pics it looks like he wasn't sick but believe me he was! It just shows what a trooper he is!

Words cannot explain how much I love Kason. He's such a little character. He has his Mommy & Daddy's sense of humor and he's always happy unless he's sick. Then he's just even more loveable!!!

2 comments:

Tania said...

So sorry to hear that Kason was sick. He is such a lucky little boy to have a good momma and an Aunt Amee that loves him so much.

Carrie said...

Bless his heart! Kason is SUCH a doll :)