Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My New Job 30 Days Later

Today marks my 30th day here @ Shands. **WOW** is all I can say!!. Time has really flown by in one month. I work as a Financial Represenative in Out Patient Admissions. I have learned so much about insurances. I never knew so many existed! I have come so far but I still have a long ways to go.
I have been training in the Out Patient Lab with Ms. Jean. I feel so blessed and lucky to have been placed here with her. She has been and continues to be such a wonderful teacher. I am so thankful she has so much patience with me. I probably drove her crazy the first two weeks by asking a million questions!!!  Ms. Jean is willing to explain the proper way for me to process patients and has willingly given me copies of information that she has personally made to make her job easier and more accurate & now I'm fortunate to have them too.
I have also gotten to know Monique (who has helped me a lot too!), Jenna, Tina & Natalie from the Out Patient Lab. They are all unique individuals. I've grown to really care for them! I look forward to seeing them, to laugh & joke around but then we all know how to get busy & work to get the job done.
I'm just very thankful for Darlene because she told me there were several openings. So I looked online & applied.
It does seem strange in a way not to go through the red light & head straight to Overstreet Mulching. I worked at Overstreet Mulching for almost 13 years. This is the longest I've ever worked anywhere. I'm so glad Robin had faith in me back in Nov. 1997 when she called me & offered me a job @ OM. To begin with it was part time 8:30-2:30. It worked out perfect so I could take Colby & Brandon to school, go to work, & then pick them up at 2:40 & head home.I knew this was a blessing & answered prayers to be able to work outside the home & still be able to see about my boys! I even babysat Logan after school for a year or so. I wouldn't trade working there for anything in the world. I do miss working with my very best friend Robin. I miss the old days when we would go to the kids parties @ school, field trips etc. Those were the simple days & we didn't even know it. I just hope peaceful days can be upon us again.  Those were the days. I did enjoy them so very much. This was all before I was dx with Mono & Chronic Fatigue. This happended in 2005. This will be another post for me to write!!
As strange as it seems not to be heading to OM it does feel so right heading to Gainesville. At this moment in time I do like the drive to Gainesville.(I may not like it in 5 years!) I get up at 5:30 and I'm ready to leave the house @ 6:45. I will admit the first 2-3 weeks was really tough getting up that early but now I actually like it. I have found a blessing in leaving work @ 6:45: by the time I reach the Rolling Oaks hill I get to see one of God's greatest creations: God's beautiful drawings...a beautiful sunrise!!!! This is probably my most favorite time of day. I've just come to realize this last week. As I'm writing this (Sept. 27th-Monday) I was very excited to reach the hill because I knew it was going to be a pretty sight. (When I'm driving down Hwy 26 heading towards the hill it's very dark because I'm surrounded by pine trees on both sides of the road.) Well when I reached the top of the hill the sky was turning pink & white and right straight ahead was a cloud that looked like a bunny rabbit!!! I would have snapped a picture but out of all mornings I left my camera on the coffee table. My other favorite spot to get a pefect picture of the sky is by the Equesterain Show Place right outside of Newberry. So this is the joy I find in driving to work everyday. I'm still looking for the joy in driving home! Ha,ha,ha!
I am very thankful to be where I'm at in my life right now.
Here are a few pics of my coworkers:

This is Jenna.....


Here's Ms. Jean & Jenna :)


Here's Tina....


Here's Monique....


And Ms. Jean & I. A very, very sweet lady & wonderful teacher!







0 comments: