Thursday, September 20, 2012

Labor Day @ Atlanta Motor Speedway


   **I just realized I never published this post!! So here it is..just a little late!**

  We had a great Labor Day holiday spent at the Nascar Races. We left our home on Friday morning at 6:15am with my Father in laws Dodge Diesel and fifth wheel camper. We always camp in the middle of the Nascar track on turn one. We've been doing this for around 8-9 years now. Aunt Ruthie and Uncle camp right beside us so it's a family kinda of thing. Colby and Sarah went with Chuckie and I which was nice to spend several days with them. :)

     Our first stop on our way to Hampton, GA, was Cracker Barrel in Valdosta, GA. It's an Eastman tradition to stop at Cracker Barrel while on vacation. We just can't help it. Chuckie and I always order the french toast and bacon. Yummy! I love looking at all the items in the shop. This time around I did find me two shirts on the clearance rack! They were a whopping 70% off! I've never bought any clothes for 70% off at Cracker Barrel. I typically love their style of shirts and jackets but will never pay full price. I also found some cute owl items but I didn't buy any of them...instead I snapped a pic. ;) & now I can't find the pic! Ugggh!!!

 Our second stop was at Agri Supply. It's a guys kind of store & of course Colby and Chuckie loved every second of being in there. Sarah and I didn't mind because the next stop was "our" stop at Hobby Lobby. This is our tradition to stop at Hobby Lobby. We did it for the first time last year and we are continuing the tradition. :) Sarah found some cute stuff for their bedroom. The wood/metal shelf and pictures were even 50% off! Yes, we know how to find those deals & here the think we just say it's on sale!

     We arrived at the race track around 3:15pm. Aunt Ruthie, Uncle Gene & Amer arrived the day before so they were already set up. All I can say is it was HOT & HUMID! This race use to be held the weekend of Halloween which was nice because it was cool. They changed it a couple of years ago to Labor Day weekend. I wish it was still in October. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time in the camper where it was nice and cool!








     We always have grilled hamburgers, chicken and steak at the races. I think we are a family of traditions! Or either it is just plain ole' habits. It's good either way. We definitely do not go lacking for food, that's for sure. :)





  I spent a lot of time on the internet / facebook promoting my new business venture - selling Plexus Slim. I emailed lots of information to potential customers. I thoroughly enjoy talking about Plexus. To hear my most recent weight I've lost click HERE.

     We had a truck race on Friday night, Nationwide race on Saturday night and the big Nascar race on Sunday night. Chuckie, Colby & Sarah climbed on top of the camper all three nights to watch the race. I only got up there on Sunday night for a couple of hours. It's pretty neat to be inside the camper and hearing the cars zoom by..the sound and speed actually shakes the camper! It's like watching Nascar in 3D!

     We had such a fun time just hanging out and relaxing. It's nice to be able to do that sometimes. :) This was our vacation for the year. We left around 7:00am on Monday morning and yes, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. ;) We were home by 3:30pm. I look forward to going next year too. :)

0 comments: